Sunday 23 January 2011

NEDS

NEDS directed by Peter Mullan. 7/10

Quiiiiiite good. I must point out before I start that I went to see this film at the of a long day and a long week and was not exactly in a relaxed and receptive mood. I also was desperate for the toilet about 30 minutes from the end. These factors undoubtedly played a small role in my over-all appreciation of the film.

Also on a more general note I have come across some minor problems in reviewing cinema as opposed to novels. Thus, whilst reading a novel you have no choice but to have it's narative pretty much your only focus, film however is much more passive and has the ability to move a lot faster... Meaning if you are some what distractable, as am I, you are liable to miss important points or subtle references. Having said that I am usually a very attentive viewer. But, yes, thought I would take that into account.

So NEDS. Sure, it was good, I'm glad I went to see it. But for me it wasn't very special.
I'm not sure I have an awful lot to say about it.
The characters were well played, the script was good, the story was interesting....
I was tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment