Sunday 27 February 2011

Stars

Just listening to a song by Laura Veirs called To the Country, it is quite pleasant.
It mentions looking up at stars, which made me remember one of my favourite moments of my life so far(!)

When I was in Borneo trekking in the rainforest we camped by the side of an abandoned logging track one night. It was one of the few places in the jungle where you had a clear view of the sky because all the trees had been cleared and the sky looked stunning. There was no electric lights for miles and miles around and the sky was literally Full of stars. It was genuinely awesome. Me and my friend Millie spent hours lying on our backs in the dirt looking at the sky, I saw 4 shooting stars. Makes you feel so small when you think of each of the stars in the sky as another Sun...

The universe is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment