Sunday 27 February 2011

Baking

There is something incredibly satisfying about cooking and baking.
It's fascinating that you can start with 4 separate ingredients and some how they all mix together to become something different. And once you've made a cake you can't then separate it back to it's original components... Wow! Chemistry in action. It's quite amazing that people have evolved to mix things together to make things like cakes. Pretty cool.

Cooking is more about the chopping and peeling and mixing and frying, that's all pretty fun. I like following a recipe.

I really like eating it afterwards too. Just love to eat.

So for the first time I made a bakewell tart from scratch. It was really great.


I think this picture is the most appetising.


Unfortunately I made a slight error of judgement when transporting the bakewell to my friend's house and the majority of the filling ended up lining my linen carrier bag. Still tasted great.

The finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment