Saturday 12 February 2011

The Beginning of Spring




Yesterday was a really beautiful day. The sky was really blue, the outlines of all the buildings were really crisp. The sun was warm and there was hardly any wind.

Walked along the beach some and threw some drift wood into the sea.
I spent aprox. 30 minutes sitting on this rocky outcrop looking at the brids floating about and eating bread; a swan thought I was going to feed him, but I didn't.
I kicked some stuff off the peir: a shell, a piece of metal, a big stone, a wee stone. Was pretty neat. They all made different plopping sounds when they fell in.

We walked up to the castle but it was closing...
I bought a nice new coffee mug with matching saucer from a charity shop for 50p. A real bargain.

All and all just really pleasant. Nothing beats an afternoon out in the fresh air.

Except for when I missed the bus. That was a little frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment